Sunday, April 15, 2012

Girls Week Away

The girls and I were blessed to be able to go away for some R&R, compliments of my generous husband and a friend willing to share her timeshare rental :)  So, we're currently on day 2 of some much needed rest and relaxation.

We are staying in a beautiful villa in the Blue Ridge Mts on Virginia.  The view is astounding...

and we've had many visitors off of our back porch.
The girls were treated to a wonderful time last night at an indoor water park, proving that modesty and fun CAN go hand in hand!  Thank you Mike & Celeste for your generous gift of fun and fellowship! (They have some pretty cute boys too ;-) )


We attempted to go to church this morning (not taking a vacation from the Lord!), but that turned into one interesting experience!  I chose a church from wayoflife.org that I knew would be like-minded. We made the 45 minute drive only to find that when our gps said "now arriving at destination", there was nothing there!  I got online quickly and looked to see if there were another address.  There was but it was just a different street number on the same route.  Went to that location and there was nothing there either. So, I told the girls that the next Baptist church we found, we were going into.  Big mistake.  I believe the pastor must be related to one Mr. Joel Olsteen. When he apologized for "sounding preachy", it was all I could do to keep from gagging.  But don't let my review say anything....when we arrived in the van, my youngest said "well, God wasn't anywhere near that place!"  Hmmm...out of the mouths of babes. 

So, our choices for the evening are limited.  The local churches do not have evening services. Thankfully, preaching cd's are always in abundance in our van and hey, our church's website is loaded with them.  Wheeee :)  Have I told you lately how much I love our church? 

The week ahead is a blank canvas.  The girls want to go swimming and mom wants to catch up on magazine reading.  We also want to visit Luray Caverns again and of course, do some *shopping*.   Oh, and did I mention the jacuzzi built for three (or more) in our villa???


 More pictures coming soon :)



© Adorning Grace 2012

4 comments:

  1. Looking lovely, ladies! :) Love and miss you all, glad you're enjoying yourselves! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to do things like this. Well, yeah I can wait, but you know what I mean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you could have a wonderful get away with your girls. Precious time spent and memories made. Like you we don't miss church on vacation. Sometimes that works out better than others. Once a pastor started out by saying "this is the first time I am doing this but I am not going to us the King James today" we left. We have also have had gps errors on some trips too. There have been time too when we have just had Bible study and maybe a preaching cd too. They sure make you miss your home church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view from that window is breath-taking. Reading through your blog reminded me of my great Hawaiian adventure with my late father as well. The fondness of that memory, coupled with an amazing trip to a place full of beauty and architectural columns will forever be etched in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please comment and let me know you've stopped by!