Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Latter End

So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:  
Job 42:12a

Being on the brink of the new year brings about reflection of the past and hopeful plans for the future.  Since my last blog post (can it really be 3+ years ago?!), life has changed so much.  We graduated our eldest daughter after a lifetime of homeschooling and she was married two months later.  Our twins are now in high school and our much anticipated baby is 3 1/2.  We've won some battles and we've lost a few big ones and yet time marches on in spite of it all.

I'm anticipating great things for 2017 which is what prompted the revival of this blog. I want to share it all!  I've probably lost all of my followers and does anyone even read blogs any more?  I don't know but I have found myself having so much to say lately and no outlet to say it. So, if this turns out to be me talking to myself, so be it!

In 2015, I began choosing a word to focus on throughout the year.  Our word that first year was SIMPLIFY.  Throughout the year, we purged, we gave away, we sold and we threw away and at the end of the year, our life was more organized and indeed, simpler.

The word for 2016 has been JOY;  not just a feeling of joy but of truly putting things in the right order: Jesus Others You.

The word for 2017 has been pressing on my heart for several weeks now.  This years word is

DILIGENCE

 I wish you all a very Happy New Year!  Be safe and I'll see you in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please comment and let me know you've stopped by!