Monday, March 11, 2013

To Everything There is a Season...

The hint of spring has sprung literally overnight in North Carolina! It is a short-lived season here, all to quickly replaced by soaring temperatures that drive me indoors! However, for the moment, I'm going to enjoy every second of it! The windows are open, I can smell someone's barbeque and I'm sitting here planning my garden :) It's funny how every year, when we "spring forward" with the clocks, I feel like someone flips a switch in my brain that says, "It's time to wake up!"

So, I've been making plans for my garden, which may be a little over zealous considering I am currently 6 months pregnant.  Will be interesting to see how the energy levels hold out when the real work begins ;-)  I discovered that burpee.com has regional specific gardening advice, which is exceedingly helpful to someone who still can't wrap their head around planting in March instead of May!

Also on the agenda has been pricing privacy fence for our corner lot yard.  Seems a new trampoline and 10yo twins draws every kid in the neighborhoods attention.  I think this may be next weekend's project! 

Oh! and the nursery is getting walls today!!! Eeek!  Our basement is partially finished (the master bedroom/bath is downstairs), but the nursery's outer walls were block.  So, very soon I'll have walls to paint and furniture to set up. So very exciting!!!

My mind is whirling....bird feeders, flower gardens, vegetable gardens, I need a grill!!!  All this with two days of nice weather.  It's a crazy little thing that I call spring ;-) Does it too me every year!








 
© Adorning Grace 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please comment and let me know you've stopped by!