Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ramblings from the new (again) mom

It has been six weeks since our little miracle entered the world and what a six weeks it has been! This "advanced" age mom has learned and had to relearn many things along the way. It's surprising to me just how much I've forgotten! One thing I didn't have to relearn is that babies are awesome :-) How can you not just adore them?

But in practical matters, a few random thoughts.  Who knew that a baby could be so finicky with regards to carriers?  I am currently the owner of a Moby, Wrapsody and Infantino and she hates every one of them! My inner hippie adores the Wrapsody  but she will have none of it! and in the back of my mind, I think of all the diapers I could have bought with that money! lol

Pampers still beat Luvs without question, no matter what the Luvs commercial would like you to believe! (and diapers.com has an amazing deal going on for first time customers. Check it out!)

Sleep deprivation never did kill anyone and it doesn't look like it will any time soon.

Where did this worry come from?  After three other kids, you'd think I wouldn't obsess over ever snort, grunt, moan and cry but think again.

Speaking of grunting, I never knew a baby could make so much noise and still be asleep!  She does not cry at all at night.  She grunts! And in her sleep no less...loudly!  When she does wake up, it's more grunting, squirming and kicking off her blanket.  No cries. Weird, huh?

Babies have a way of making you really prioritize things. Shower or sleep?  Brush your teeth or go to the bathroom?  I mean, you have to decide what is really important and roll with the rest!

There's always enough love to go around and seeing the older girls dote on the baby only makes treasure them all the more!

There have been lots of "firsts" in the past month and a half.  We've experienced our first:
  • bath 
  • smile
  • trip to the doctor 
  • out of town visitor (miss you Grammy O)
  • ...and five hour stretch of sleep (thank you Jesus!)
Of course, there are many other things I could list but you get the picture.  I absolutely love being a new (again) mom.  There's  a woman that that likes to remind me just how o-l-d I'll be when baby M is a teenager.  She says it like she feel sorry for me but I kinda feel sorry for HER :)  She doesn't know what she's missing out on!  lol  I'm having so much fun!

If I had to spill my one anxiety, it is that school needs to start up again for our other three children.  I do a lot of mental preparation but not a lot of physical.  I'm just having to trust that once again, the Lord knows what He's doing and will make a way for it to all work out in the end!

6w1d

There's so much more but hey, there's that "prioritizing" thing!  Until next time...









© Adorning Grace 2013

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big she has already gotten!! She is so adorable:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please comment and let me know you've stopped by!